- Dragon Soldier is coming out March 8th and right now you can get it for a 15% discount at LT3. It's also up for LT3's monthly giveaway on Goodreads. Just leave a comment to enter:
- In case you missed my earlier post, Dragon Soldier also has an excerpt up. It's a nice chunk from the first chapter and if you're aching over the semi-cliffhanger Dragon Detective ended in, this will alleviate that: https://www.lessthanthreepress.com/excerpt-dragon-soldier/
- I'm still tapping away at The Sentinel's Prophesy. I've written about 1k words today and I think the story's coming along nicely. There's a repetitive section in the first chapter I need to go back and fix, but right now I'm trying to work on the future parts of the story. My main character has finally started growing, the romance is blossoming, and the set up for the big confrontation has begun. I still have at least 10k words more to write and am hoping the rest of the story comes along smoothly.
- In order to push my stalled muse, I went and reread some of my older, languishing stories. One of the ones I reread was my superhero story. It's a weird sort of anti-hero story and I do like what I've written so far, except for one very important factor: the romance is a bit sudden, without what would normally be very necessary build-up. I'm trying to decide if I need to go back and rework it. Since it's an integral aspect to the story I can't move forward with the rest of the book until it's fixed. It's also possible that I don't need to rework the romance. I could add in a bit of drama about them jumping into bed so quickly instead, which will add an interesting bit of tension to the middle of the story, but I'm still worried that the choppiness of it in the beginning might throw some readers off.
- The other story I looked at was Ink, and I really, really like what I've written. It's snarky with enough humor that it feels light despite some rather horrible history one of the characters experienced. I'm a little concerned that I might bother some religious folks, given that in the first scene Lucifer feels up Jesus. Since Jesus holds his own in a properly pious way, I'm hoping it's not too offensive. The problem with this story is I haven't figured out what's next. Inky and Lucifer have gone through the proper introductions, the bad guy has been foreshadowed, and I have absolutely no idea what the next step might be. I know there needs to be mayhem at Lucifer's court and the bad guy has to do bad things, but I'm blanking on how to get there. Only once I figure that out will this story begin moving forward again.
Ge-Mi: Part One
The Case of the Wandering Wolves
March 8, 2017
Mell Eight is an author writing with LT3. For more information about Mell and her writing, please visit her website: http://melleightfiction.