You read the title of this post correctly! I have some new release dates to share with everyone. These are tentative dates. I only have the release month and they are subject to change, but I'm so excited to have them to share with you. Here's what I've got:
I know March seems like it's really far away, but there's a lot to get completed before then. Multiple rounds of edits, of course, plus everything else that goes into getting a book ready for publishing. I'm a little concerned that they're all getting released so close together, as it will be A LOT of work on my part to get all those edits completed, but this is the fastest everyone involved can work to get my books back out as soon as possible.
As you can see, Dragon Detective and Dragon Soldier were both accepted for publishing at NSP. I'm hopeful they will also accept the last three books (and I'm hopeful editing the entire series again will galvanize me into finishing Dragon Spy).
I have also submitted both books in my Wizard Wars Series to NSP. Ground of Resurrection (book two) was the one you all got to pre-order, but were never able to read. I don't know where they might fit into this release schedule should NSP accept them, but I'm looking forward to finding out.
Check out the cover for Ground of Resurrection, the second book in my Wizard Wars series. The cover nicely hints at things to come, and the scenery is gorgeous yet again. I also think the cover does a good job of showing the continuation and evolution from the first book.
Ground of Resurrection comes out on July 17, 2019 and is available for pre-order at LT3:
I have new release dates for both of my postponed stories!
Even better news is I already know I won't miss Butterfly's new release date. I received the copy edits last weekend. My plan was to simply look through them to see what I was in for, but as I was scrolling through I started fixing. I managed to finish the edits, so all that's left is a final read-through before I send it back to LT3. If I didn't already have edits I was working on, I would have this completed today.
Speaking of those other edits, I'm making good progress on the first round of edits for The Sentinel's Prophesy. I'm about two thirds of the way through and should get that last chunk done this weekend. Then it's a read-through and back to LT3. I'm glad I'm making good progress on both sets of edits. The sooner I'm done with them, the sooner I can return to writing, which is what I really want to work on right now.
Thank you to everyone that voted in the M/M Romance Goodreads Group awards. Ground of Insurrection did not place, but I'm still really happy and honored to have been nominated. I'm hoping you all will enjoy the sequel, Ground of Resurrection, just as much.
The release dates for all of my books coming out in 2018 have been decided. The Coup and the Prince was pushed back, as I thought it would have to be, and I have the official date for Heartbeat:
I would say these dates are not going to be changed, but I'm still working on the second round of edits for Butterfly and am expecting to have to deal with the second round of edits for Coup fairly soon. If I can get the second round of edits for Butterfly back to LT3 within the next week or so, that story will be in good shape. Heartbeat, on the other hand, will only be getting a quick edit. It's a reprint, so it's already gone through the editing process once. The plan is to clean up anything we might have missed last time, which won't be a difficult lift. (I'm kind of looking forward to an easy round of edits, to be honest.)
LT3 accepted The Sentinel's Prophesy! The contract is signed, so in about nine months I'll start seeing edits and such. What this means for me (besides the fact that I'm excited to have the story accepted) is that for the first half of 2019 I won't have ANY edits at all to deal with. None! I'm going to have to take a mental health deep breath first, but once I'm centered again I will be able to devote all of my writing time to actually writing. With no edits with their due dates hanging over me, and no stress from having to take an axe to a story I've worked so hard on, I expect to be able to finally start making real progress on my to-do list. Ge-Mi: Part Two is at the top, but I also really want to get my fairy tales completed, and it's been far too long since I've played with Lumie and the rest of my Supernatural Consultants. It's a lot to look forward to, which is one of the main things pushing me through getting all the editing completed, and I can't wait to be able to get started.
I had a conversation with LT3 about the release date for If A Butterfly Don't Fly and the decision was we ought to push it back. I expected this to happen once I saw the scale of the edits and LT3 came to the same conclusion. This was a mutual decision that takes a lot of pressure and stress off of both of us, and allows us to properly prepare Butterfly so we release the best possible product to our readers. Trying to force a July release date would not have been fair to you.
The reason I only glanced through Butterfly instead of delving right in is I am behind on the edits for The Coup and the Prince. My goal is to spend this entire weekend getting Coup completed. It's doable as long as I can stay focused. Wish me luck!
If I need to step away from edits for a moment, I might take a few hours to finally read through The Sentinel's Prophesy and get it formatted for submission. I think I was able to smooth out the transitions the last time I looked at it, so this time is a last check for anything that jumps out at me.
Plus, don't forget Ground of Insurrection comes out next week! You only have a few more days to get it for a 32% discount (LT3's having an amazing sale right now!). It should be up on Amazon soon too. I'm really excited for the start of this new series and I hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
This past month has been a bit crazy, so I haven't been able to keep you all updated with news as I learn it. I do have a lot of fun things to share! First, I have potential release dates. They're subject to change, but as long as I get all my edits done on time (which as you'll see below I'm not doing too well at) they shouldn't change too much. Mark your calendars:
Insurrection has already gone through one round of edits. I'm expecting the second round to appear sometime this month, which should finish up the editing process for this story. Insurrection is now available for pre-order at LT3 for a 15% discount (plus more because of LT3's birthday sale), so you can get your copy now. It's also been listed on Goodreads if you want to add it to your to-read list: https://www.goodreads.com/book...
I received the first round of edits for If A Butterfly Don't Fly, so that story has started moving forward too. At first, the edits for Butterfly didn't seem to be too bad, but then I found where the editor asked me to add in a new chapter. The reasons for that new chapter are solid, so I started writing it, but it's been fighting with me and now the edits are late. LT3 was kind enough to grant me an extension for the edits, so I'm hoping to have them done really soon.
The reviews for Kelpie Blue have been beyond stellar. Everyone that has left a comment has agreed that Blue, my lively Kelpie with the sharp teeth, is adorable and the story itself is a ton of fun. If you've read Kelpie Blue, it would be awesome if you could pop over to Goodreads or Amazon and leave a quick review.
As for writing, unfortunately edits take precedence. That means I didn't finish writing Ground of Resurrection in March like I had hoped. However, that doesn't mean I can't plan the rest of my stories out mentally. The main characters in Codified, the third book in my Magnified series, have been stuck in the basement and I've been struggling to figure out how to get them out. I think I've come up with an idea, but until I see how it flows on paper I don't know whether the idea is a viable one. In Ge-Mi: Part Two, they've all arrived at the graveyard, but I need to figure out the ceremony there in order to get them out of the graveyard and into the scene that really starts the romantic drama. I think I'm starting to get a good idea of how to move it forward, but until the edits are out of the way I can't work on it.
There are many reasons why I shouldn't guess potential release dates for my upcoming books, the main reason of which is that I'm usually wrong. In this most recent case, I was very wrong. LT3 has provided me with all the upcoming dates they were able to schedule this far ahead of time and pretty much all of my guesses proved to be way off. Here's the official dates (which are subject to change, but should be mostly accurate at this point), so mark your calendars:
The only book that LT3 has accepted for publishing that is not on that list is Kelpie Blue. If I might guess (and at this point you've hopefully realized that my guesses aren't worth much), I would say December 2017 or January/February 2018.
In other news, Dragon Soldier, Dragon Detective, Dragon Adventure, and Dragon Home will be released in print in Supernatural Consultant Volume 2. This print compilation continues from where Volume 1 left off and should be released around the same time as Dragon Home in August.
Supernatural Consultant Volume 2 is also being considered for release in audio. The decision hasn't been made just yet, but I have been told it is on the list of potentials.
And the last bit of release news is that once the edits for the reprint of The Dragon's Hoard series are complete, the series will be submitted for translation into Spanish.
Ge-Mi: Part Two
May 18, 2020
Mell Eight is an author writing with NSP. For more information about Mell and her writing, please visit her website: http://melleightfiction.